Arlington National Cemetery welcomes tourists and visitors to explore the rich history of the cemetery grounds. Arlington Cemetery offers free shuttle service for individuals to visit a grave sites.
Arlington National Cemetery Tours, Inc., a subsidiary of Old Town Trolley Tours of Washington, Inc., is only authorized interpretative tour bus service within the grounds of the Arlington cemetery. It provides an informative tour bus service of Arlington National cemetery with weekday stops close to the Ord & Weitzel walking gate to see the United States Marine Corps War Memorial, President John F. Kennedy grave site, U.S. Coast Guard Memorial, U.S. Army Gen. John J. Pershing’s grave site, the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and also the Arlington House (The Robert E. Lee Memorial). Weekend service also includes stops near Sections 55 and 60 and also the Sept. 11 Memorial.
Arlington Cemetery Tour services includes:
- Expanded stops that cover a larger portion of the cemetery
- Discounts for military and veterans
- Free service for disabled and active duty military in uniform (with valid identification)
- Free shuttle service for families and friends to visit a grave site
Driving into the graveyard is allowed for those attending a ceremony service. Those with a valid disability placard will ride the interpretive bus service at no price (with one companion). Vehicle and bus access is usually not authorized. Bus access to the Memorial Amphitheater and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for honor flights are accepted six months to a year before of the group’s visit, however should be submitted a minimum of period of time before. Parking is on the market for buses within the parking facility.
The current interpretative tour bus service through Arlington National burial ground departs continuously from the cemetery’s Welcome Center between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., April to September, and between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., October to March. Weekday service includes stops close to the Ord & Weitzel walking gate to see the U.S. Army Gen. John J. Pershing’s gravesite, United States Marine Corps War Memorial, U.S. Coast Guard Memorial, the Kennedy grave sites, the tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Changing of the Guard), and also the Arlington House (Robert E. Lee Memorial). Weekend service also includes stops near Sections 55 and 60 and the Sept. 11 Memorial.
Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.arlingtontours.com/. Tickets can also be purchased at Arlington National Cemetery in the Welcome Center ticket booth and at shuttle stops.
Pricing per person for interpretative tour bus service:
- Military personnel in uniform: FREE
- Disabled with valid handicap placard: FREE (plus one companion)
- Active Military with valid identification (up to four family members): $6.75 Adults; $3.25 Children (4-12)
- Veterans with valid identification (and one guest at the same price): $6.75 Adults; $3.25 Children (4-12)
- Seniors (65 and older): $10.00
- General Public: $13.50 Adults; $6.75 Children (4-12)
- Children under 4 years old are free.
Arlington National Cemetery Tours, Inc., offers a discount for groups of 20 or more. For more information, please contact the Group Sales Department at (202) 832-2008 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.