Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National Cemetery Location
Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County, Virginia, is a Military cemetery in the United States of America, established during the American Civil War on the grounds of Arlington House, formerly the estate of the family of Confederate general Robert E. Lee's wife Mary Anna (Custis) Lee, a great grand-daughter of Martha Washington.
The cemetery is situated directly across the Potomac River from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. It is served by the Arlington Cemetery station on the Blue Line of the Washington Metro system. In an area of 624 acres (253 ha), veterans and military casualties from each of the nation's wars are interred in the cemetery.
The Department of the Army administers Arlington National Cemetery and United States Soldiers' and Airmen's Home National Cemetery. The Department of Veterans Affairs or the National Park Service (NPS) administers the other national cemeteries. The NPS administers Arlington House (the Custis-Lee Mansion) and its grounds as a memorial to Robert E. Lee.
Arlington National Cemetery Directions
Directions to Arlington Cemetery From the South
- Drive north on I-95. Close to the Capital Beltway, I-95 will converge with I-495.
- Don't merge onto I-495. Continue traveling north on I-395 north toward Washington, D.C.
- Take exit 8-B (Arlington National memorial park exit) to Route 27.
- Remain in the left lane till reaching the circle (on the Virginia facet of the Memorial Bridge). Bear right within the left lane round the circle to Memorial Avenue. you may see the urban center House on hill ahead.
Arlington Cemetery Directions From the North
- Drive to south on the Baltimore-Washington drive (MD – 295) or south on I-95 till you reach to the Capital Beltway (I-495).
- You can travel on either I-95 or on I-495.
- If you follow I-95, remain the Beltway to I-395 north then take exit 8-B (Arlington National burying ground exit) to Route 27. keep within the left lane till reaching the junction (on the Virginia facet of the Memorial Bridge). Bear right within the left lane round the traffic the circle to Memorial Avenue. you'll see the Arlington city House on the hill ahead.
- Note: The US Park Police barricades the section of Memorial Circle that connects with the west sure lanes of Route 27, between the hours of 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. weekdays.
- If you follow I-495, remain the Beltway to the President of the United States drive. Continue on the GW route then take the Arlington National Cemetery-Memorial Bridge exit. Merge left with the traffic exiting from Route 110. At the stop sign, take left onto Memorial Avenue.
Directions to Arlington Cemetery From the West
- Follow Route 66 east to exit 73 for Lee road.
- Follow Lee road to Fort Myer Drive. take a right onto Fort Myer Drive. Follow Fort Myer Drive, and straightaway once passing over a bridge, take a left on Route 50.
- The Iwo Jima Jima Memorial are going to be to your right. Follow Route 50 and keep within the right-hand lane.
- Exit onto George Washington route and keep within the right-hand lane. Continue on the GW parkway then take the Arlington Cemetery-Memorial Bridge exit. Merge left with the traffic exiting from Route 110. At the stop sign, take a left and turn onto Memorial Avenue.
Call us for more information & reservations
Tell us your unique needs and discover how this time of remembrance can be immortalized for your family to cherish forever.