TO RESERVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER.
Parking At Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National Cemetery opens to the visitors daily at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 7:00 p.m. from April 1 to September 30. From October 1 to March 31, the cemetery opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 5:00 p.m.
Paid parking is available to visitors and can be accessible from Memorial Avenue. The parking garage closes 1 hour after the cemetery.
Arlington National Cemetery parking procedures
Arlington Cemetery has installed an automated parking pay system. The parking procedures are:
- Take a ticket upon entering the garage from ticket dispenser.
- Keep your ticket with you when you exit from the cemetery.
- Pay at the kiosks within the Welcome Center before returning to the parking facility. There are Credit card and Cash pay stations available inside the Welcome Center.
- Credit card only pay stations are located in the parking facility exit lanes.
- Once you paid for the ticket, you will have 20 minutes to exit the parking facility with your ticket receipt.
- If you lose your parking ticket, you must obtain and pay for a lost ticket at the pay stations within the Welcome Center. Lost tickets are considered as 7-8 Hour daily charge.
You can reduce the weight time by paying inside at the Welcome Center.
Tour operators: Transponders are available through Penn Parking. Please call (410) 782-9110 for details.
$1.75 per hour for the first three hours, and $2.50 per hour thereafter.
$7.00 per hour for the first three hours and $14.00 per hour thereafter.
Arlington National Cemetery Hours
- Funeral services are held in the cemetery Monday to Friday except Federal holidays 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- On Saturday services are available from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Note:Services are not scheduled on Saturdays that precede a federal holiday on Monday.
Family members attending the funeral service should arrive at the cemetery approximately 30-45 minutes prior to the scheduled service time.
Military honors or military chaplain support do not require for placements and services for cremated remains.
Everyone attending funeral services at Arlington National Cemetery must provide their own transportation from the Administration Building or chapel to the final resting place (the gravesite or niche location)
Hours of Operation for Graveyard Visitation:
The cemetery is open 365 days for Graveyard visitation.
- October 1 through March 31: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- April 1 through September 30: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.